- Brush and floss your teeth before inserting the whitening trays in your mouth.
- Fill the trays with whitening gel (about one-third of the way up, on the inner front surface of the tray).
- Insert the bleaching trays over the teeth and keep them on for the recommended amount of time.
- After removing the trays, rinse them and clean them gently with a toothbrush.
- When teeth whitening, avoid foods that stain like red wine, blueberries, tomato sauce, coffee, cola, etc. Smoking during your treatment is not recommended.
- Your teeth and gums may become sensitive; this is normal. If the sensitivity becomes intolerable, stop teeth whitening for one to two days. If the pain persists, contact your dentist.
The final result is very variable and depends on several factors. For best results, you may have to increase the time and frequency of use. In some cases, the treatment must be repeated many times over several months.